All the Walking routes up Snowdon
Do you need to train before walking up Snowdon?
- Anyone who is reasonably fit with no health problems should be able to walk up and down Snowdon in under 8 hours.
- You shouldn’t need to ‘train’ specifically for the walk, but of course any extra uphill walking beforehand will help and the fitter you are then the more you’ll enjoy it!
- Try walking a 16km walk that’s reasonably flat in the first instance, if you can’t complete that then you’ll struggle walking up Snowdon
- Why not try a lower peak first? Moel Eilio nearby is an ideal up and down from Llanberis.
- If in ANY doubt – ask your doctor.