The Snowdon Girdle Walk
Post Code for Sat Nav: LL54 6TN
Parking usually plentiful this side of Snowdon
Sherpa Buses and WHR to Rhyd Ddu
Weather Forecast: Met Office Snowdonia Mountain Weather
Distance: 22.02 km
Ascent: 1519 m
Start and Finish:
VERY decent pub and tearoom in the village, WC at car park.
Distance, navigation, pathless.
Businesses Near Snowdon:
- Wales Holiday Home Rentals.com ( km away)
- Plas Tan-Yr-Allt Historic Country House ( km away)
- Sykes Holiday Cottages in Snowdonia ( km away)
- Llyn Gwynant Campsite ( km away)
- Yr Efail Swynol The Enchanted Forge ( km away)
- Snowdonia Parc Inn ( km away)
- Faenol Arms ( km away)
- Caffi Gwynant ( km away)
- Penceunant Isaf Tea Rooms ( km away)
- Cwellyn Arms ( km away)
Before You Walk up Snowdon, ask yourself – Are you equipped? Do you know what you’re doing? Are the conditions safe? If you answer no to any of these, stay safe, don’t go! Check the weather forecast and make sure you know about walking up Snowdon in the Snow. If you lack experience – hire a Snowdon Mountain Guide.
The Snowdon Girdle Walk Details
So you want a really challenging Walk up Snowdon? Why not try the Snowdon Girdle walk.
Devised by the late Showell Styles, this is a grand tour of the cymoedd surrounding Snowdon that doesn’t actually reach the summit!
This is a tough day, or an even better done as a two or three day walk to be savoured.
The Full Route is on Mud and Routes.